JEE Main 2018 – High Lights
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has notified following two changes in the JEE pattern from 2017:
1. There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination,
2. For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE (Main) system, however, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main)–2018 application form online. The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Since there is no weightage of class 12th marks in calculation of ranks in JEE (Main) – 2018, so, the roll number of class 12th is not verified this year by the CBSE, however, the candidates have to show the marksheet of class 12th (regular/improvement) with 75% marks at the reporting centres at the time of counselling/admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and other CFTIs.
The steps involved in applying for JEE Mani are shown in the flow chart below. As shown, they include the following:
- Authentication Through Aadhar/Identity card
- Fill Online Application Form
- Verify Mobile Number and Email – ID
- Upload Scanned Images (Photo, Signature and Parent/Guardian Signature)
- Pay Examination Fee Through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card/ eChallan
- Download Acknowledgement
Check out the official website here: